We Love Thailand Forum Rules
Forum rules updated 12 / 05 / 2021
A valid e-mail address is required to register for the forums. After you agree to the terms listed below, we will send you a validation e-mail. The email will include a link to validate and approve the registration. You will need to complete the validation process to become a member with posting privileges.. Please keep your email current so that you will receive We Love Thailand notices.
We Love Thailand is a privately owned commercial website and reserves the right to remove or block any user, user created content or files from the We Love Thailand forums without reason at their discretion.
Please read the entire page before clicking yes.
Use of our forums
The following are NOT permitted to be used as usernames or avatars:
– Company/ business or commercial names.
– Trademarks (or variations thereof)
– Domain names, web, QR codes, or email addresses.
– Obscenities, are not permitted for user names or avatars.
Accounts in violation of this may be frozen or closed without notice.
English is the only acceptable language anywhere on We Love Thailand.
While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message.
The We Love Thailand News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members’ information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.
Comments such as “slow news day” or “clickbait headline” are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.
Except as otherwise indicated in the byline, news bulletins are reprinted verbatim from a mass media source which has given permission to use its feed.
Original articles, especially in the Thai press, often have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. We Love Thailand is not responsible for these nor does We Love Thailand have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, We Love Thailand is not responsible for any opinions reflected or quoted in reprinted news stories.
Please remember that we cannot actively monitor the contents of, and are not responsible for, any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of We Love Thailand, or any entity associated with We Love Thailand. All advice voluntarily given by any member in any We Love Thailand Forum is provided free of charge. We Love Thailand Forums accepts no liability for the content and is released from any responsibility for information found using Internet links posted on the forum (including links from our advertisers).
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. Please use the report button only for posts in blatant violation of the forum rules. Misuse of the report button is not allowed. Removal is a manual process so please realize we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Responding to objectionable messages is discouraged.
In using We Love Thailand you agree to abide by the following rules:
1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.
By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.
Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.
2) You will not use We Love Thailand to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.
3) You will not post about activities or links to websites containing such material that are illegal in Thailand. This includes but is not limited to: gambling, betting, pornography, illegal drugs, fake goods/clothing, file sharing of pirated material, pyramid schemes, etc. Discussion of the above is permitted only as news items, but never as a “how to” topic.
4) You will not discuss methods of bypassing blocking of websites, or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.
5) You will not use We Love Thailand as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.
6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.
Posting Content and General Conduct
7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming). Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.
8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonising other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator.
You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) We Love Thailand to discuss moderation policy.
11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.
13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to We Love Thailand or its sponsors.
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.
15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed.
16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.
17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, We Love Thailand is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.
We Love Thailand forum seeks to protect children and other at risk groups from exploitation on the internet. Images and videos which might appear to be inappropriate or exploitative will be removed and the member will receive a warning.
18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.
You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or Social Media addresses in posts or signatures.
Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites/blogs, or Social Media accounts, may be posted in a member’s profile page only.
19) You will not post missing or looking for person or information about any person, except with the explicit approval of admin by contacting We Love Thailand.
20) You will not post any member’s personal information including emails, personal messages, photos or web site details.
21) No posts/topics, user names or avatars that are commercial in nature are allowed for members other than sponsors. If you want to become an advertiser on We Love Thailand and enjoy the benefits of having a business name and the ability to post then please contact our Marketing department at our email.
If you do not wish to advertise, joining with a business name will result in suspension.
22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining to be approved.
In addition, members will not lobby or solicit other members for donations or for causes either political or otherwise, except in exceptional circumstances and with prior permission from We Love Thailand management.
23) External surveys seeking information from We Love Thailand members need the written consent by admin. Please contact support at our email.
24) Multiple accounts by the same person are not allowed.
25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.
26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on We Love Thailand. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not We Love Thailand.
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.
27) We Love Thailand is a forum for general interest and discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums we may run.
1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.
2. Please do not modify someone else’s post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.
3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However, be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.
4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain
5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes.
6. Please do not abuse the report function by multiple reports of the same thing, or by using it to score points against another member.
7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted.
9. Please do not respond to insults with more insults but rather use the report button to report inflammatory posts.
10. Please keep topics related to the forums they are in. General Forum is for Thailand related topics not covered in other forums. Other forums cover other issues, the forum title and description will tell you if you are posting the right thing in the right place.
All standards of conduct listed above apply to your interactions with We Love Thailand social media accounts including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Line and Instagram.
The privacy of our visitors to We Love Thailand is important to us. At We Love Thailand, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit We Love Thailand, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Googles DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (interest-based targeting). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses non personally identifiable information. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Preservation of Intellectual Property Rights
All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by We Love Thailand or by other parties that have licensed their material to We Love Thailand. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by We Love Thailand may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.
You agree to grant to We Love Thailand a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sub-license, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media, newsletters, newsgroups or forums of We Love Thailand or which you provide by email or any other means to We Love Thailand and affiliated partners, in any media now known or hereafter developed.**
Further, you grant to We Love Thailand the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other We Love Thailand web sites and or affiliated partners. You agree that you shall have no recourse against We Love Thailand for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to We Love Thailand.
In the simplest terms, the above is what we require to legally display your posts on our forum(s) or in our group.